Centre for Policy and Research on Turkey (Research Turkey) is an independent, non-partisan organization devoted to policy analysis and research focusing on contemporary Turkey. It aims at disseminating a wide range of publication types, including reviews, interventions, political, economic and social analyses, working papers, interviews and commentaries, by following interdisciplinary trends and examining Turkey and the world from multiple perspectives. Research Turkey opposes the tendency towards homogenization and simplification of ideas by the media and welcomes theoretical and political pluralism for the purpose of reaching a more comprehensive, multifaceted understanding of contemporary Turkey. Research Turkey’s content is published both in English and Turkish.
Research Turkey is based in London, where it also organizes public events, forums, lectures and conferences in notable universities such as the LSE, King’s College London and SOAS, as well as in other distinguished institutions such as the British Parliament and the British Academy. We are seeking dynamic teammates for our UK-based think-tank to join us as Events Interns either in London or in home-based positions.
Events Intern – Job Description
- Research Turkey’s Events Internship Programme is on a voluntary basis, and mostly involves remote duties. However, interns based in London in 2017/18 academic year are expected to take active role during our events.
- The working hours do not exceed 10 hours a week.
- The internship is expected to last for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum term of 3 months, subject to availability of tasks. Upon successful completion, promising interns will be given the opportunity to join Research Turkey as Events Officers.
- Strong attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to take responsibilities.
- Good time management.
- Ability to do teamwork as well as take initiative.
- Priority will be given to graduate students in social sciences and humanities.
- Candidates with social media marketing, graphic design and/or editorial experience
are strongly desired.
- Experience in organising events is a plus.
Candidates should send a CV and a short cover letter (max. 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org , describing what they would contribute to the Research Turkey and the Events Department. Promising candidates will be invited to complete a written assessment and an online interview.
The deadline for applications is 5 pm (UK time) Sunday, 30 July 2017.