RESEARCH TURKEY IS SEEKING NEW DYNAMIC TEAM MATES!
Centre for Policy and Research on Turkey (Research Turkey) is an independent, non-partisan organization devoted to policy analysis and research focusing primarily on contemporary Turkey. It aims at sharing a wide range of publication types including reviews, interventions, political, economic and social analyses, working papers, interviews and commentaries by following interdisciplinary trends in the global world and examining Turkey and the global world from different points of view. Against the tendency to homogenize perspectives in the media and to reduce complex political and social reality to simplistic analysis, it welcomes theoretical and political pluralism to reach a more comprehensive, multi-sided understanding of contemporary Turkey in its global context. Research Turkey is an institution based in London. All of Research Turkey’s content is published both in English and Turkish.
Research Turkey also organizes public events, politics forums and public lectures and conference in notable universities of the UK such as LSE, King’s College London, SOAS and, University of Oxford as well as in other distinguished institutions such as the British Parliament and the British Academy.
We are seeking dynamic teammates for our UK-based think tank to join us at entry level either in London or in other countries (within home-based & part-time roles).
Duration of the Roles
- The internship is expected to last for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum term of 3 months after the starting date stated below.
- The duration of the internship may vary depending on the number of task required to be completed.
- Strong attention to detail and written communication skills
- Have a high sense of responsibility
- Very good time management and/or relevant multi-task(ing) experience
- To reply to e-mails sent by Research Turkey within maximum 12 hours
- Self-starters who are willing to take initiatives for the further enhancement of the institution and their careers
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as within a team
- Priority will be given to the students or expert graduates of economics, political science, international relations, sociology, business administration, communications and media and education undergraduate or graduate programs
- The ideal candidate shall have advanced English skills. However, those who have solely English or Turkish language skills will also be allocated to related departments based on their competency
Candidates are expected to hold home-based tasks of translations for articles and other necessary documents and of decoding the interviews and podcasts of the institution’s public lectures.
Candidates will also be given various tasks and appointed to the necessary departments depending on their abilities for project assistance, preparing reports, technical assistance to the website, attending national/international conferences and activities, finance and PR assistance and academic journal assistance.
Candidates should send their resumé (CV) and a short cover letter (max. 200 words) on why they want to become a part of the Research Turkey Team and what kinds of roles they are willing to take by sending an email to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. After the pre-selection process, successful candidates will be contacted for the next steps.
The deadline for applications is 5 April 2017.